Group Health - Brilliant and talented people but their lean model often set unrealistic expectations. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Group Health

"Brilliant and talented people but their lean model often set unrealistic expectations."

I worked at Group Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits; efficient; knowledgeable management. Changes were well thought out and delivered in an organized fashion. Good communication across the organization. High expectations.

Cons

Fear based management. Older staff bullied new staff. Raises were quite poor. Management unrealistic in expectaions of volume and quality. When volume expectations are too high it is difficult to maintain the 100% expectation of quality and vice versa. I didn't feel they cared about the quality of health care provided to our members. Due to the focus on volume (metrics) staff just wanted to rush to get the job done in order to meet the metrics.

Advice to Management

Promote an environment where old staff are held accountable for being unkind.Too much time is taken by tracking our work which takes away time from being able to perform our job functions. Simplify that process. People are not computers or robots.

Other Employee Reviews for Group Health

"Only in it for the money"

Former Employee - Membership Representative in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Membership Representative in Spokane, WA

I worked at Group Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits and decent paid time off

Cons

Group Health talks a big game, but unless you want to smooch the butt of a higher up, you will never get ahead. Performance does not count. Only how brown your nose is. Don't expect a decent raise because the company has to have enough money to pay their union staff their guaranteed raises.

Advice to Management

FIX MEMBERSHIP!! It is an insult that Seattle counterparts make double and triple what Spokane reps do. Especially after you laid off 2/3 of the staff and those people left have to now do double or triple the work. $16/hr is an insult to a person who handles all the revenue that comes in. I got another job making almost twice that in a very similar industry. Take care of your people! The majority of the union staff is worthless. Weed out the bad ones and pay the performers more! Why do you think people keep leaving? Because you cut us off at the knees and then beat us like dogs to make up for your stupid decisions. Is upper management seriously that blind?

"Think twice"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Tacoma, WA

I worked at Group Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

fellow nurses and doctors wonderful to work with

Cons

Mgt is awful towards the workers