Groupon - Pretty good | Glassdoor

"Pretty good"

Pros

Good amount of things to learn

Cons

Missing some structure or process

Other Employee Reviews for Groupon

"Was treated great as a temp"

Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative - Temporary in Chicago, IL
    Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative - Temporary in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Groupon as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are hilarious, most are actors/comedians. It was so laid back. Was not strict which made you want to work hard for them. They provided vitamin waters, tea, coffee, bottled water, pop and any other drink you could think of. They had a really cool break room with a juke box. You could wear whatever you wanted. Employees VERY helpful.

Cons

communication with temps was not always there. there were tons of folks to keep up with though so all in all they did a pretty good job.

Groupon Response

Jun 23, 2014

Thanks for the review. We're glad to hear that you were treated well as a temp in our Customer Service department!

"Kentucky Fulfillment center is a total mess, toxic is a good word"

I have been working at Groupon full-time

Pros

I'm being paid that's about all I can say about this facility. We have a break room and that's about it.

Cons

First of all unless you worked at Wal-Mart or are personal friends with either of the HR managers your odds of being offered a full time position reside between slim and none. This is the least professional place I have ever worked and I am aggressively looking for a new job away from this fulfillment center. The processes are poor, inventory control is the worst I've ever seen in warehouse management. The environment is completely dismissive towards the needs of the employees, especially the temps which make up 90% of the work force. Theft is at a level I've never seen in any work environment and the policies border on draconian. I feel bad for the temps who think this is a good opp for them . This is just a very unpleasant , unprofessional place and couldn't in good conciseness suggest anyone come here to work with me and I hope I'm not here much longer!

Advice to Management

End the "Walmart " nepotism, get processes that work, treat people as people not as an expendable resource.