KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 3 years

A great place to work

Mar 29, 2022 - Senior Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best culture and team I've worked for

Cons

Very complex business across disparate market segments

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company culture

Jul 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people. Great company. great working culture

Cons

stock can start doing better

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Company but they're trying to figure it out

Jul 28, 2022 - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Super flexible- completely remote (in the US at least), people are helpful and understanding. Unlimited PTO is actually real here once you're hitting targets- Benefits are decent(401K & HSA matches, work from home stipend initially). Good work-life balance (In Sales at least) They have been pretty transparent with communications. "Diverse" compared to most tech companies out there (not in upper level management though). The product can be useful to small businesses. The people here are great.

Cons

Not the company they used to be 5-10 years ago- most business owners associate it with cheapness and low margins. Pay could be better- its not very hard to hit targets but commissions haven't picked up post covid. As a result they have been doing a lot of experimenting with the product to bring back revenues. They've been automating a lot as well and scaling back on cost- hopefully they don't reduce headcount which they've been hinting at for the last six months (again they are transparent about all this which I appreciate). As a result of all the changes and innovations some things get swept under rug because Account management is bogged down. New CEO is good and not afraid to talk to us often but a lot of times he uses language that doesn't really answer questions (high level rhetorical answers that don't address our concerns) Also there is no upward mobility for now they froze promotions indefinitely.

Continue reading

Groupon Response

Thanks for leaving a review about your Groupon experience. We sincerely appreciate the thought you put into your reflection - it's clear you care about the success of Groupon's future and are eager to help us succeed. We hope that our most recent earnings call, all-hands, and small town halls with the STeam leaders helped bolster your confidence in our ability to execute our turn-around strategy. As mentioned, we’re moving with a sense of urgency, and we believe our strategy will fundamentally reposition our business to grow profitably in a variety of economic cycles. We're glad to hear that while you're helping us execute this important work, you're able to enjoy the culture and benefits we offer to keep employees healthy, happy, and recharged. Thanks again for the feedback and all of your contributions to Groupon's success.

Discover more reviews about Groupon.

Groupon Photos

+ Add Photo
Groupon photo of: Office Christmas Party
Groupon photo of: Welcome back, Groupon Chicago! 💚
Groupon photo of: Some of the Groupon team at the Gronk-tastic Party Like a Player Superbowl Event
Groupon photo of: Team Members at AWS Conference 2021