KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Unclear product strategy, too focused on short-term projects

May 18, 2022 - Data Scientist in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

You'll learn a lot of full-stack data engineering skills, if that's what you're looking for.

Cons

The job isn't really "data science" according to the definition commonly accepted in the industry. The team doesn't do much modeling or machine learning. Rather, most of the day-to-day work concerns pipeline maintenance and data engineering. Also, the product owner doesn't always have a clear vision on strategic priorities or what the team should do next. Work is often handed to us in a piecemeal way, which leads to short-term focus and instability. Career growth is limited because the job isn't really differentiated between junior vs senior-level Data Scientists. So, even if you're promoted, you won't necessarily get increasing responsibility.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

Groupon Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave this thoughtful review about your time at Groupon. One of our values is "Ownership and Performance," which we think complements your experience. We want Grouponers to have the ability to take chances and learn by having a breadth of opportunities that may not be available somewhere else. That said, it's a delicate balance to strike between "autonomy" and "ambiguity," and we recognize there's always room for refinement there. This feedback is just as important to us internally, so we hope you had the chance to share these observations with your manager, leadership team, or in our anonymous pulse surveys. Thank you for the dedicated years you spent with Groupon, and we wish you the best of luck in your next adventure.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good engineering experience

Jun 25, 2022 - Machine Learning Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good tech stack and engineers

Cons

poor long term product road map

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Culture

Jun 23, 2022 - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, shows respect to their employees

Cons

Direction is unclear as to where the company is headed. Opportunities for advancement are shrinking

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Groupon.

Groupon Photos

+ Add Photo
Groupon photo of: Office Christmas Party
Groupon photo of: Welcome back, Groupon Chicago! 💚
Groupon photo of: Some of the Groupon team at the Gronk-tastic Party Like a Player Superbowl Event
Groupon photo of: Team Members at AWS Conference 2021