1. COVID-19

"I love Grubhub!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Enterprise Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Grubhub full-time for less than a year

Pros

Grubhub's culture, benefits packages, meal perks, schedule flexibility, and overall amazing upper management are what makes this company so special. It has proven that employees and productivity can still thrive when a relaxed environment is cultivated and maintained. I love how committed they are to diversity, keeping us up to date on Covid-19 policies, and really just aren't afraid to tell it like it is. I really enjoy being a part of such a dynamic team of people.

Cons

None whatsoever, wouldn't change a thing.

1. "Order Fulfillment Specialist"

5.0
    Current Employee - Order Fulfillment Specialist

I have been working at Grubhub full-time

Pros

work life balance and people

Cons

the salary could be more for the job

2. "Beats every other job I've had - and every car I've owned since"

4.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Contractor - Independent Contractor/Courier in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Grubhub for more than a year

Pros

Based off of the GrubHub subreddit, this appears to be dependent on where you live/what your market is like - but mine has BEEN prime, my entire time with this company. Have been contacting with them for about a year and a half now, and really, it comes down to you putting the time in. You truly do have to be diligent if you want to succeed as your own boss. If you can manage that, though, you: • Can easily make $20+/hr (again, market dependent! DYOR on your city's GrubHub stats before quitting an actual job to be a freelance courier!) • No longer submit to a boss, other than the one you are ;) • Occasionally get free food (Red Robin, for example, gives drivers an order of fries for free • Make a full-time, liveable (+?) wage while simply driving around all day, listening to your favorite music, or finding new music/podcasts that you love!

Cons

A lot of these are going to sound like cons/risks to most people, but it should be noted first of all, that: • This and the other courier app/independent gig work apps are definitely not meant for everyone • Tax time as a legally self employed individual (/business owner! Yes! You now legally, when it comes to how the IRS views you, are a business owner) really sucks! Only way to ever see a tax return while doing this, is (similarly to having a real job, as well as being how you are supposed to do taxes anyways now) to over estimate what you owe, and pay too much in your quarterly SE taxes. Although you can write off a LOT, including your cellphone and plan, all meals you purchase and eat while working, your gas mileage, and so much more, you still really are never going to see any return, unless you do the quarterly and overpay. However: I have, both tax seasons, prepared and paid my annual tax instead of the recommended quarterly, and have only had to pay a few hundred dollars. So, could be worse :) for example! - • Depreciating the resale value (or driveability, depending on it's starting condition) of your car daily, at approximately 10x the rate if you had a non-driving employment. Regarding this - • Not nearly as profitable if you have a non-gas-efficient car, much less a truck! I contacted with DoorDash for a while, driving a Ford Explorer, and it was almost a challenge keeping gas in the tank on rough days/week long+ slower periods. • In over two years of doing various courier jobs full time, I have gone thru two cars, third one is doing alright now tho. The cars were under $1000, though, and i can't attribute their deaths 100% to the streets, as ignorant negligence on my part is partially to blame for one of them also. • Easy to become lazy/unmotivated with no actual boss to make you work, but again, this comes down to you and your self-discipline. I struggled with this at the beginning, but have since overcome it • Gas prices have been amazing since I started, but if they go back up to $4.xx or so, that will change my entire opinion on this kind of work

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Grubhub.