Guaranteed Rate - Best company I have ever worked for! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Guaranteed Rate

"Best company I have ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Guaranteed Rate full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great work environment. Coworkers and management are supportive and always have the customer's best interest in mind.

Cons

The mortgage industry is challenging and there is a learning curve but it's worth it.

Advice to Management

Have regular one on one meetings with your employees as well as team meetings. Set realistic goals that are measurable and recognize employees that meet and/or exceed those goals.

Other Employee Reviews for Guaranteed Rate

"Great opportunity for hard working, self-starter."

Current Employee - Service Consultant/Assistant Vice President
    Current Employee - Service Consultant/Assistant Vice President

I have been working at Guaranteed Rate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Training program for loan officers is phenomenal. GR trains all prospective LO's in what is known as GR University. The program provides a foundation necessary to pass all licensing requirements and thrive in this industry.
    - If you are willing to put in the time and work, there are limitless opportunities, both financially and professionally.
    - There is a great culture at GR among employees and management. This may or may not be important to everyone, but it is to me, and I have been very satisfied with the amount of support and positivity provided.
    - Leads are provided. LO's can take advantage of as many leads as they want - there is no cold-calling. You're also encouraged to build you own pipeline and referral business. Best of both worlds.
    - Company is still growing aggressively and consistantly.

Cons

- If you're not willing to work hard and put in the time, you probably won't be successful at GR. The resources and support are provided, but the results ($) come from putting in the effort.
    - Need to have a thick skin. Dealing with the public is not always easy...

Advice to Management

Continue to provide support and positivity to all employees - a good culture is so important to a happiness and productivity.

2. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Guaranteed Rate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy working for GR! There's a great paid training that allows you to learn a lot and be ready when you are out there on the floor! Very supportive and understanding managers!

Cons

I haven't experienced a lot of cons but believe the base salary could be a little better for Loan officers!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!