Guardian Industries - Fast paced environment with enthusiasm for entrepreneurial people. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Guardian Industries

"Fast paced environment with enthusiasm for entrepreneurial people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Guardian Industries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced environment with opportunities to own your projects and make them succeed.

Cons

Management, at times, can be too hands-off.

Advice to Management

Work to hire managers who are good at managing people, not just products.

Other Employee Reviews for Guardian Industries

"Thankful for the opportunity, but disappointed in teh company"

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Geneva, NY
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Geneva, NY

I have been working at Guardian Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Guardian is a good stepping stone company to gain experience and launch your career. They offer decent pay, great medical benefits, and a very average bonus program. The on-site fitness facility was a nice bonus.

Cons

It is very physical work, even for Supervisors. Long hours (12.5 hrs) and a rotating schedule (nights one month, days the next). The staff talks about the "culture" being far better than other companies, but it's really no different once you get on the production floor. False sense of "team" atmosphere. In-fighting between shifts, and often supervisors. I witnessed a couple promotions based on "good ole boy" system instead of by merit, and I was there less than a year. Doing a good job meant having more work put on you. A lack of integrity from Senior Management (I was point blank lied to by the HR manager, which prompted me to begin looking for another job).

Advice to Management

Clean up the issues on the floor. Stop focusing on the extra things that take away from production, then complain about lowered production (safety games that produce no results and HealthGuard games). The employees aren't interested, and you create more work for your supervisors. Lead by example: don't preach "integrity" and then not have any yourselves...the operators notice.

2. "Production Supervisor"

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Carlton, MI
    Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Carlton, MI

I worked at Guardian Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay, benefits, some coworkers, they have been in business a long time

Cons

good ol boys club, blame game, back stabbing, high stress, high turnover, Heartless.

Advice to Management

How well you do in this company is not predicated by how well you do your job. But by who you go drinking with after work or who you are buddies with. The good ol boy network is alive an well here in Carlton. I am not sure about other parts of Guardian. It drove me crazy! If your not part of it, you will not advance. Trust me. Read other reviews and compare how many positive reviews compared to negative review there are. It does lend credibility. Read reviews of comparable companies. You will find glass door to be a good insight of a company culture.