GuardianEdge - Nice place to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for GuardianEdge

"Nice place to work for"

Pros

- Good technology
- Good execution

Cons

- Eng is the bottlenect
- lacks strong eng leadership

Advice to Management

Doing well recently with Symantec. Will be much better if mid level management was bit more seasoned. So far it's still one man army style for different groups. just like a typical small start up, opportunity growth is bit constrained and people (your manager) might not like it at all. Work culture can be anywhere from rush-rush to let's have a beer type, depends on the group manager.

Other Employee Reviews for GuardianEdge

1. "Heartless"

Pros

When I was there, we worked worked as a (occasionally disfuntional) team. Everyone knew everyone else. It wasn't so corporate.

Cons

Cronyism was pretty bad when I was there and I hear it got even worse. Loyal people who had worked there for years and made the company what it was were booted to the curb.

Advice to Management

I think its already too late. I know I tried to say things when I was there but I was ignored. Sure, you'll do OK and make money, but you lost your heart and soul along the way.

2. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Pros

The company had an open communication style and there was real substance to the open door policy, consequently it was used regularly. The work was very challenging, yet reasonable and was well compensated with great benefits. In general it was a very high caliber team. Good work/life balance.

Cons

While feedback was always welcome, it sometimes seems as if all decistions came from the top.

Advice to Management

Keep up the collaboration effort.