Guardsmark - By far the most professional operation I've experienced. | Glassdoor
  1. "By far the most professional operation I've experienced."

Current Employee - Security Officer

I have been working at Guardsmark part-time for less than a year

Pros

The hiring process and selection of candidates is by far the best and most thorough out of any security company I have worked for. The amount of paperwork I had to fill out just to get a part-time position was absolutely ridiculous, but that's what I like about it. Not just anybody can walk in and get a job here. The pay scale is also above the typical contract security standard.

Cons

The cons are typical of any private security operation. Relations with client employees can be difficult and some don't treat the security force with much respect. I've been in the security industry for over 10 years with many different organizations both contract and in-house and there is nothing bad about this company that you wouldn't experience with any other company. My only complaint at all, and it's very petty,...

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing- at least at my branch.

Guardsmark2013-04-25
  1. "Revew"

Former Employee - Security Officer in Randolph, MA

I worked at Guardsmark for less than a year

Pros

Good place to work. One of the top security firms in the business. Learned a lot from that company. Great people and culture.

Cons

Play favoritism. Some of the managers can be racist at time, not all.

Guardsmark2016-09-20
  2. "Working as a Security Officer for Guardsmark"

Former Employee - Security Officer in Lansing, MI

I worked at Guardsmark for more than 10 years

Pros

Quite a bit of overtime and some very good employees to work together as a team.

Cons

Raise about every 3 years or longer. Wanted Officers to do Maintenance work on Non Security equipment. Use personal vehicles for tours, without compensation.

Guardsmark2019-05-02

Discover more reviews about Guardsmark.