Guardsmark - By far the most professional operation I've experienced. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Guardsmark

"By far the most professional operation I've experienced."

Current Employee - Security Officer
Current Employee - Security Officer

I have been working at Guardsmark part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The hiring process and selection of candidates is by far the best and most thorough out of any security company I have worked for. The amount of paperwork I had to fill out just to get a part-time position was absolutely ridiculous, but that's what I like about it. Not just anybody can walk in and get a job here. The pay scale is also above the typical contract security standard.

Cons

The cons are typical of any private security operation. Relations with client employees can be difficult and some don't treat the security force with much respect. I've been in the security industry for over 10 years with many different organizations both contract and in-house and there is nothing bad about this company that you wouldn't experience with any other company.

My only complaint at all, and it's very petty, is that the uniforms are bizarre. They're part business part law enforcement and very out-dated. They do look professional and most employees wear them well, but they need a bit of an update.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing- at least at my branch.

Other Employee Reviews for Guardsmark

"terrible"

Pros

none none none at all

Cons

Years behind the times, no direct deposit, computers not updated since 1997, terrible management in the corporate offices, they hire terrible managers who don't know what they are doing, bonuses take months and month to receive, you can't ever talk to the owner, the corporate wastes money, no pay raise in the last three years and I could go on and on

2. "Rounds out okay overall"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Guardsmark part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free uniforms, more inter-personable management (not treated like a rank and file number in the long run), better pay, unionized, flexible hours.

Cons

Lack in gaining business/clients/contracts, low chance of advancement, politics, mis-scheduling/payroll

Advice to Management

Follow more of an aggressive approach and determination to go after new clients instead of taking to easy on things. Push, push.