Guardsmark - Salaried Analyst | Glassdoor

"Salaried Analyst"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Business Analyst in Seattle, WA

I worked at Guardsmark full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Specific to my position and management only. The position was unique and non-standard from other positions in the company as a added value to their clients. Management was easy to get along with and was open to communication. Compensation was not in-line with other positions like mine. benefits provided an employee were the same for all employees and tiered only by salaried and non-salaried employees. Learning and development was a process as they wanted to see employees invest themselves before paying up front costs unless it was a requirement for the clients needs, otherwise it was reimbursement. Free training came in the form of bi-weekly pamphlets or booklets on interesting yet centric to core business education. Salaried positions were certainly allowed greater flexibility with their work.

Cons

Asking for COLA or like compensation increases was always meet with a no, so a Union averse organization. Favoritism was there yet minimal. Learning and development was far from laudable. There was limited ability to advance in company or gain footing towards other paths of career advancement.

Advice to Management

These details are specific to my position, my experience, and our business relationship. I would suggest some creative destruction with regards to internal workings of the organization.

Other Employee Reviews for Guardsmark

"Barely better than being unemployed."

Current Employee - Security Officer in York, PA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in York, PA

I have been working at Guardsmark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

40 hours a week if you're lucky.

Cons

Insurance, Pay, management, and human resources.

Advice to Management

Could you please all quit, and get out of my life.

"Don't join this pathetic company."

Current Employee - Security Officer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Guardsmark full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You may like it or not but it's a job. Guardsmark provides uniforms for the employees.
    You can get your PERC card through the company instead of paying extra money for the training somewhere else

Cons

Hiring Process: Tons of useless paper work, Background check, Drug Test, Polygraph test, 500 psychological questions to answer. You must provide all the history about you, your family and neighbors.

Benefits: Medical insurance is a piece of garbage. You get 5 days paid vacation after a year of employment( You can't take vacation when you want!)

Promises: Guardsmark loves to promise many things to the new employees. They will promise a rewarding career, great benefits, many opportunities , good pay etc. In reality you will get a job for $10/hr, a few cents raise a year, very poor benefits and absolutely no room to advance. Guardsmark is a one big propaganda.

Advice to Management

Tell lipman and the rest of the bosses to get rid off monthly training sheet. It's a waste of paper, none of us ever pay attention to this scam and we are asked to lie that we supposedly to this "training" every single day at least for an hour. In reality we copy the answers in 10min. Guardsmark's "training" is worth nothing. Lipman stop sending this stupid newspaper with every check and instead give us a rise and benefits like every professional company do.