Guardsmark - I have worked for Guardsmark for the past seven months, and it is one of the better security companies I have worked wit | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Guardsmark

"I have worked for Guardsmark for the past seven months, and it is one of the better security companies I have worked wit"

I have been working at Guardsmark full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Guardsmark is a good company to work with and one of the few security companies that offer a benefit package

Cons

I have found no cons as of yet

Other Employee Reviews for Guardsmark

"It's alright for what it is."

Former Employee - Security Officer/Security Guard
    Former Employee - Security Officer/Security Guard

I worked at Guardsmark full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you get placed at a big client site you get most of the good perks of working for the company (Better pay, better insurance deals and better hours).
    Free uniforms.
    Easy job usually.
    Good for work experience.
    The only reason I'd recommend this job to anybody is that it's really just a easy paycheck. If you can't find anything better than it's alright. Just make sure you don't let anything go wrong with the location you are working at and you can be employed until you die.

Cons

Expect late checks when you start and continue to expect them if direct deposit is not available.
    Expect to have your hours cut if it will save a little bit of money.
    Don't expect a promotion.
    Don't expect a pay increase (Unless the company some how gets a pay increase and even then it's probably no going to be passed on to you.
    Crappy uniforms and long wait times to get replacement uniforms.
    Backstabbing is almost encouraged. Unless you can find a group of people who will look after each other you will basically be on your own.
    Hard work is appreciated but not acknowledged (Don't put in extra effort if you don't have to as they will both get the same outcome).
    Expect to be talked down to and sometimes berated (Whether jokingly or intentionally).

Advice to Management

Pay your employees better or at least reward those who show loyalty and go the extra mile. Get uniforms out in a timely manner, make sure paychecks arrive ON payday and are not MAILED ON PAYDAY. Train people better. Don't pinch every penny you get to the point where 20 dollars in the companies pocket is worth more than 10 dollars in the employees pocket. Create positions instead of reducing them.

2. "great"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Guardsmark as an intern

Pros

you'll always have 40 hours.

Cons

moving to different post and the pay will not change