Guavus - very curious to know why | Glassdoor

"very curious to know why"

Current Employee - Engineer in New Delhi

I have been working at Guavus full-time

Pros

great ppl to work with very friendly policies good work life balance people who are motivated to do good work and really think of the company as their own good technology exposure freedom to try new ideas subordinates who value our work

Cons

Dear CEO Sir and people operations team --- Let me start by saying all of us are in favour of having our ex guavuns join us back as they all leave for various different reasons. But what is currently happening in hiring process is beyond astonishing. People that are joining us back are setting up bad hiring examples - case in point being newly appointed data scientist who left Guavus in May 2016 to form his own... analytics company. He also forced a lot of current employees to resign from Guavus creating false rumours about the centre and also kept the higher management in dark stating employees wanted to resign themselves. Not just this, for 1+ year that he was forming his own company, he made some of the employees work on his personal projects hiding a lot of truth from them. This was done on company’s time and cost. He also brought along his partners to Guavus premises to propogate about their company. All of this was done with the support of a top level VP and the employees were forced to keep quiet by misleading the top management that the team is not capable. Some loyal employees decided to fight and stay back with the company. Now this person is hired back in a role that he does not even have the qualifications for….. In US, if such an event occurs, it would be consider as violate company policy but since it was India, everything was hushed under the table as one high level VP was also involved. CEO sir, my beleif this is against the work ethics we want to have at Guavus. I am suprised the the HR is acceptable of such employee behaviour. If we are hiring such people, then the impression this sshows to the other loyal and hard working people such behavior is acceptable. urge you to please look at this because it creates an environment of distrust. And if hiring continues like this, very soon a lot of the workforce will again loose the trust in their CEO (which by the way they have has recently has started to have)

Advice to Management

Request to HR - just do a simple CV check and you will know he has no qualifications or experience to be a scientist….! This is an insult to other people in same roles who work and prove themselves to get a title like that.

Guavus2019-06-07
  1. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Guavus full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

. Terrific people - brilliant people who are willing to share their expertise . The company is focused in AI/ML which is a rapidly growing area . Lots of challenging AI/ML projects . Great place to grow and develop skills which will be useful across the industry . Lack of rigid hierarchy

Cons

Being part of a global community is extremely rewarding, but means some out of hours calls and communication.

Advice to Management

Focus on the long term!

Guavus2019-10-02

"Needs a vision"

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff

I have been working at Guavus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A lot of good, smart, experienced in the industry and hard-working people in this company. CEO is open, transparent and making positive changes in the organization. Most importantly has a vision for the company's growth. If you have idea's this company will listen, if you want opportunities there is a lot here and you will be able to create your own. A good organization to drive your career.

Cons

A company needs 3 things to succeed. People, Process and Product and this company lacking the 3rd (Product).

Advice to Management

Build products, not platforms. There are plenty of platforms out there.

Guavus2019-08-02

Discover more reviews about Guavus.