Guess? - Be cautious before accepting job offer | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Guess?

"Be cautious before accepting job offer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Guess? full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are fresh out of school looking to start your career this is a great spring board, but don't stay too long. Great benefits, annual holiday party, onsite cafe. My time here was great, but I lived in fear for my job. It wasn't until after I left I realized that not all companies are like Guess. Be very cautious going in.

Cons

Beware of the bi-yearly layoffs! No raises or bonuses this past year. The organization is very parallel. Not much opportunity for job growth. Don't be late by a minute or you will risk being fired by the founder. He leads through fear.

Advice to Management

Until Paul, the founder, steps down there is no hope for being a thriving company it was back in the day.

Other Employee Reviews for Guess?

1. "Stock"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Providence, RI

I have been working at Guess? part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy, comfortable, pays well, fun

Cons

Management and there stupid polices

Advice to Management

Mind your own business and do your job

"A eye-opening, crazy informative Retail experience in Fashion."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Guess? part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is very high energy. It's a non-stop party on the weekends, and you feel like you have walked into a high-end club. There is a DJ spinning great music (he takes requests!) and you feel like you aren't working a lot of the time. There were decent amount of hours per week, and the employees were having fun while selling nice clothing. Decent contests and incentives, good management.

Cons

You had to competitively sell, but if you were part-time, it wasn't for any kind of commission. It was for more hours, and incentive-based selling. You have to 'dress to impress' at all times. So women had to wear heels, and all employees had to wear either Guess products, or close-to. It was a bit expensive, and hard on the feet.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, but realize that this isn't what our lives are all about. Life goes on after Guess. Don't be so hard on the part time employees when it comes to upselling, because they aren't really getting as much out of it as others.