Guess? - Had a great experience. Worked with great leaders | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Guess?

"Had a great experience. Worked with great leaders"

Former Employee - Store Manager in New York, NY
Former Employee - Store Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Guess? full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Discount was great. Clothing allowance for management. Good environment, customer service, employee relationships, high profile, high volume stores

Cons

Unannounced visits sometimes. heels always a requirement. Sometimes long days.

Other Employee Reviews for Guess?

1. "I love it here!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Guess? part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

40% employee discount.
    Great managers and co-workers.
    Pretty cute clothes,purses,shoes,sandals etc.
    Every once in a while employees get 50% discount in all the regular clothes.
    I love working here all the time nice environment!
    Nice club music and loud (costumers hardly hear us when we greet them.LOL!)
    We have walkie -talkie to communicate.Which is so cool!
    The SALES section is already 50% but you get additional 50% off.Really cheap!

Cons

-Associates schedule is base on how much we sell in a day,weeks and in a month.

-Associates are very competitive and steal your costumer even though they've seen you that you are helping that person.They don't even care or bother to ask who help her/him first,but because they just want the sell for themselves.

-A lot of costumers don't even need our help because they got it or they are just browsing around..Sometimes they just leave because it kinda annoys them that we follow them all the time and ask them the "Are you finding everything okay!" Again and again!

-At the cash register.The cashier will ask the costumer,"Did anybody helped you today?" and if she said, she did/he did then the sale goes to your sell credit.(we have to tell them our name so that they will know who helped costumers).Overall if you want to work here and get hired just provide great costumer service and have fun with it.=)

2. "Nice group of girls to work with but have to kiss ass to move up"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Paramus, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Paramus, NJ

I have been working at Guess? part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Girls are fun to work with & good discounts

Cons

Some managers are great but others are very rude and don't know how to manage at all. You must be all goody goody to get up anywhere. They will acknowledge your good work but only consider moving you up if you become good friends with them. They have previously hired their friends as managers that had no management experience.

Advice to Management

Don't promote people just because they are your friends! Or hire someone as a manger because that person is your friend. Look at the workers around you and move them up. After all they are the ones who stuck with the company longer. Look for the qualities that the person has not someone who just simply kids around all the time.