Guidance Software - Wouldn't recommend it. | Glassdoor

"Wouldn't recommend it."

Current Employee - Consultant
Current Employee - Consultant

Pros

Access to some expensive software that no smaller company would have access to. If you like travel, it can be pretty cool. Potential for interesting work.

Cons

Middle management varies in competence and caring greatly depending on the location. You are forced to use the aforementioned expensive software even if it isn't the correct tool for the job. You get no outside training, and until recently, most of the internal training is actually on the job only. You have to fight for any perks tooth and nail. Moral is abysmal, and dropping. Expect to be deployed until you drop, quit, or are fired.

Advice to Management

I can't say upper management is incompetent, because it requires skill to loose that many people that quickly. To say that technical people should be motivated solely by money is just stupid. As you are slowly learning, you can NOT just fill forensic and ediscovery jobs with college grads, no matter how hard you try.
Finally, you may want to start looking hard at the sustainability of the "good" numbers being shown to you. What does it matter if your utilization is near 100%, if all your clients leave and sue you for messing up so badly?

Guidance Software Response

Jun 4, 2015

Thank you for your review, posted on May 17, 2010. We are sorry to hear about your experience. At the time you posted this review, our company looked very different. But a lot has changed since... More

Other Employee Reviews for Guidance Software

1. "So far, so good!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Guidance Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've just started and so far I've seen smart and motivated team members. The interviewing and onboarding was seemless and looking forward to learning more about the company and their products.

Cons

none at this time

Advice to Management

Looking forward to helping the company's success and contributing to a winning team.

"eDiscovery Consultant"

Former Employee - EDiscovery Consultant in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - EDiscovery Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at Guidance Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training was great. Management wanted you to succeed.

Cons

No benefits, not even telework

Guidance Software Response

Jul 5, 2017 – CEO

You probably meant to post this on "Guidance Software's" page on Glassdoor. They provide EDiscovery services (Guidance Solutions does not). Our benefits and approaches to telecommuting are widely... More