GuideSpark - Outstanding leadership and opportunity! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for GuideSpark

"Outstanding leadership and opportunity!"

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Outstanding Leadership (upper management), I love my Boss, Company Culture

Cons

Onboarding/Training can improve, Salary can improve

Other Employee Reviews for GuideSpark

"The Holy Grail of Startups"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

By far the best place I've ever worked, and I have had some great jobs. Although, having worked at previous startups, I was hesitant to join another. While I enjoy the energy and innovation that you often find within startup teams, I realized that the lack of experienced leadership was too often a detriment to the growth of the company and my personal career path. As soon as I spent time with the leadership at GuideSpark, I immediately knew that was not the case here. They are all A+ Players, and possess a wealth of knowledge and experience between them that is unparalleled amongst startups. I've learned more about how to approach problems, learn from challenges, build a team, and be a great leader in the 6 months that I've worked at GuideSpark, than in 15 years of my career combined.

The pros go beyond great leadership. One of the highest priorities for the company is building a great culture, and that effort really shines through in the team and work environment. The result is a team of innovators that are encouraged to share ideas, and under just the right amount of guidance and leadership, the ability to take ownership of their work. There is also great opportunity for growth within roles as the company grows (at a very fast pace!).

To top it off, the product that GuideSpark offers is amazing. Customers love it, prospects love it. People in the HR industry explain that we provide the type of solution that the industry has really been missing. It's great to help build a product that is so well-received, and really solving a huge problem for employers and employees.

Cons

The only con for me is the commute from SF. But it has been well worth it, and I take a shuttle (RidePal), complete with Wi-Fi. So not all that bad.

Advice to Management

Never change your interview process. It's lengthy, but seems to be the key to building such a great team! Keep taking the time to share wins with the team, and to provide education on the growth of the company. Especially by bringing in guest speakers that talk about GuideSpark in comparison to their own experiences - these opportunities are invaluable for the team!

"Rocketship of growth"

Current Employee - Sales in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1.) Company is growing rapidly and as a result many opportunites to advance your career exist.
    2.) Experienced management team - CEO is a 2x entrepreneur focused on building a great company.
    3.) Right place, right time - founders bootstrapped during a tough economy but made it through, pivoted and eventually achieved a product-business fit.
    4.) Business model is on steep trajectory with broad adoption across industries.
    5.) True meritocracy - if you come in and work hard every day good things happen.
    6.) Fun culture - I came from a large company and the culture here is top notch.
    7.) Amazing board and advisors - experienced, successful, and prudent.
    8.) Customers rave about the service - I've never seen anything quite like it.

Cons

1.) The company is "growing up" very rapidly, so certain processes are changing on the fly while others are still being developed.
    2.) Extremely selective for new candidates. Not necessarily a con but focused on acquiring only the top echelon of talent.
    3.) No 401(k) match just yet.
    4.) No defined equity purchase plan just yet.
    5.) No business reimbursement of phone or corporate credit card.

Advice to Management

Excited to see where we will be in the next 3 - 5 years. Keep the level of accountability and bar for success as high as possible.