Guidebook - Great Place to Work! | Glassdoor

"Great Place to Work!"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Guidebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people - Everyone is smart and hard-working
There is plenty of visibility
They give everyone a lot of responsibility (especially since we were growing so quickly)
They give raises/promotions based on contributions to the company. I received a raise after only 8 months, and even heard stories about people getting two raises in a one-year span. This kept me motivated
Management cares about employee happiness. It's part of the culture, and they take it seriously

Cons

The only reason I left Guidebook was to pursue my master's degree, and I may very will return to Guidebook after school.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Other Employee Reviews for Guidebook

"Enjoy coming in every day"

Pros

Guidebook is a fantastic place to work at any point in your career. I'll start by echoing what a lot of people have already said: people. Everyone at Guidebook is down to earth, smart, friendly, and truly believe in the product. I believe everyone that gets hired at Guidebook, fits the culture; this creates an environment that you enjoy working in.

As for your career, whether you are a seasoned professional or just starting out, Guidebook will help you grow, whether it’s a specific skill or you want to venture out, you will be supported. The opportunities exist if you are willing to put in the effort.

Leadership at Guidebook fits into the "people" group I mentioned above. They are people I respect, learn from, and enjoy working with. I've worked many different companies and have never worked at a more transparent company. The leadership team strongly cares about creating an awesome product and holds their teams up to very high standards.

Cons

Budgets are smaller so I can’t do everything I want but that’s part of being a startup.

Advice to Management

Continue being transparent about about goals and changes at the company. Keep hiring standards high.

2. "Appropriate title"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Guidebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product, great team to work with.

Cons

Disconnect with upper management, constantly changing policies.