Guidebook - Amazing opportunities for exploration and personal growth | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Guidebook

"Amazing opportunities for exploration and personal growth"

Former Employee - Customer Success Associate & Accounting in Palo Alto, CA
Former Employee - Customer Success Associate & Accounting in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Guidebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Employees are given the space to explore new projects that aren't necessarily in their field;
- Enjoyable community - there's always times for game and movie nights;
- Monthly company meetings allow for cross-department communication and transparency;
- Incredibly kind and friendly colleagues, who are willing to help with anything;
- As Guidebook is a young company, there are opportunities to develop processes and help design the company culture.

Cons

Due to the minimal structure, employees must be very self-sufficient to excel at Guidebook. This is not the place for those who need constant supervision! That having been said, this allows employees to have the flexibility to pursue their passions and design their own role in the company.

Advice to Management

Keep talking to your employees and you'll continue to do great! So far, your decisions have taken Guidebook very far.

Other Employee Reviews for Guidebook

"Great Place to Work!"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Guidebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people - Everyone is smart and hard-working
    There is plenty of visibility
    They give everyone a lot of responsibility (especially since we were growing so quickly)
    They give raises/promotions based on contributions to the company. I received a raise after only 8 months, and even heard stories about people getting two raises in a one-year span. This kept me motivated
    Management cares about employee happiness. It's part of the culture, and they take it seriously

Cons

The only reason I left Guidebook was to pursue my master's degree, and I may very will return to Guidebook after school.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"great product and 10/10 colleagues"

I have been working at Guidebook full-time

Pros

- Every member of the team is a real influencer in the direction of the company. New approaches to problems are welcomed and listened to.
    - 'Vibrant start-up culture' is true. You'll enjoy spending time in the office and there is a true sense of comradare in the London office.
    - The product is top-class and a pleasure to use.
    - Perks and management's flexible approach to your circumstances feel like a real value-add.

Cons

- There are no free-rides. You need to be willing to put the work in to succeed here. This doesn't just mean putting the extra hours in (although there will often be times when that is necessary).
    - This is a competitive market that has been given a bad name by a few. There are plenty of crap apps floating about.