Guided Discoveries - Tons of fun, but horrible hours and very low pay. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Guided Discoveries

"Tons of fun, but horrible hours and very low pay."

Pros

Tons of fun. I made some amazing friends while working for Guided Discoveries. I am still close with several of them. My co-workers were some of the best people I have met.

Cons

Hours are horrible and inconsistent for instructors, and some of the other positions aren't much better. Pay is very low, though room and board is included so it keeps your costs down. Management dealt with issues (even SAFETY issues) if and when they felt like it. Employees who were not upper management are tossed to the curb if they are injured or would like to have a family status other than 'single'.

Other Employee Reviews for Guided Discoveries

1. "An extrodinary journey where I developed working world skills while being a positive role model (kids 8-17 yrs)."

Current Contractor - Driving Instructor in Clover, VA
    Current Contractor - Driving Instructor in Clover, VA

I have been working at Guided Discoveries as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture is very positive and healthy. Kids at these camps are encouraged to be themselves and interact with others to form lasting friendships.

Cons

This can be a very draining job. You must be able to put yourself out there in front of kids.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

2. "Astrocamp Instructor"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Guided Discoveries as a contractor

Pros

Amazing employees. Intelligent, fun and with a passion to spread a love of science and astronomy.
    Housing and food included.

Cons

Houses are a little run-down.