Guidewire - Am I Dreaming? | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Am I Dreaming?"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Foster City, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Here's a company which is market leader by distance in the product segment they are in, yet they thrive for innovation and care deeply for each and every customer they have. Here's a company which is publicly traded and has well over 1500 employees, yet it has perks/fun of a start up (fully decked refrigerators, snacks, sandwiches, bagel days, thirsty Thursdays, onsite gym, fun events, team lunches etc - the list is quite long). Here's a company which is rated one of the top employers on various forums including Glassdoor, yet it goes above and beyond for employees they want to hire (phone screen -> hired in about 10 days!). Here's a company which is among one of the most boring industry segments (Property & casualty insurance), yet it comes up with a product so configurable that it has customers world wide(North America, South America, Asia, Europe, Africa, Australia). Here's a company which is based in California Bay Area, yet their bonuses/stocks/perks are not reserved only for executive management. Here's a company which is almost unheard of, yet it is one of the best employers to work for! This is coming from someone who has worked for variety of employers ranging from start up environments to Fortune 100 companies.

Cons

I don't have any as yet, but will update this review as soon as I find 1!

Advice to Management

While P&C insurance may be recession proof, it wouldn't harm to explore opportunities outside of this segment by leveraging technical/industry expertise gained thus far.

Other Employee Reviews for Guidewire

"Love it!"

Current Employee - Functional Consultant
    Current Employee - Functional Consultant

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Guidewire has a great group of leaders with in the organization that allow employees to be their best selves. The management I have experienced throughout my tenure at Guidewire has always been fantastic, they do not micro manage, instead they ask how they can help you be successful and if there is anything missing to allow you to be successful.

Cons

I have no cons. I really enjoy working at Guidewire.

Advice to Management

Management does a great job in motivating employees to be leaders themselves.

"Sales Consultant"

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Management team cares a lot about their team members. CEO is incredibly talented. Company practices what it preaches regarding company values.

Cons

The company has been very successful and the expectations are high to continue that success.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what your doing.