Guidewire - Great company to work for if you enjoy working hard and winning! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire

"Great company to work for if you enjoy working hard and winning!"

Current Employee - Project Manager
Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Smart people that continually raise the bar and challenge you to raise it as well
-Great products that are winning over the industry
-Great culture and values that serve customers well
-Promotion from within (for the time being)
-At the end of the day, Guidewire will do the right thing.

Cons

-As the company has grown there seems to be more passengers and less pilots. As with all companies, it will be a challenge to limit the passengers, turn them into pilots or get them to deplane.
-Work/life balance is difficult to maintain in the field and on the road, but the growth and success of the company makes it worthwhile for the time being.
-Hyper-growth is starting to occur which places less experienced people in management positions

Advice to Management

-Keep up the great work!
-Limit the passengers!
-Maintain promotion from within for management. Once you lose this, you will become like every other consulting company that is trying to sell services! If I were climbing a mountain, I would never hire a guide who has less experience than me nor would I want to follow one.

Other Employee Reviews for Guidewire

1. "This has been a fantastic ride for me"

Current Employee - Senior Implementation Architect in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Implementation Architect in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very active, positive and courageous employees and excellent executive team. Strong product base and excellent track record.

Cons

Travelling can be a bit harsh on family life sometimes.

"A true market leader with huge growth potential."

I have been working at Guidewire full-time

Pros

Guidewire is a market leader whose products truly make a difference to its customers. A lot of companies say that they put their customers first, but this is one of the few places where it's actually true. Although the industry might not be sexy, the impact is real and it's always fun to be on the winning side. The people are smart and there is generally a respect for work-life balance.

Cons

Perks are nothing spectacular by comparison to peer companies. People are certainly busy, but the company is hiring at an appropriate pace to ensure that growth is sustainable.