Guidewire - Guidewire has been an excellent career choice! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire

"Guidewire has been an excellent career choice!"

Current Employee - Senior Implementation Architect, Infrastructure in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

At Guidewire I've been consistently met with respect, collegiality, good communications, and a high level of competency and commitment in my teammates. Compensation, travel, benefits, and generally respectful positive interactions. Leadership is competent and engaged, and evaluations are well-structured and fair. The work is interesting, challenging, and utilizes my skills and talents fully.

Guidewire is committed to outstanding products and services, and our great success derives from that commitment.

Cons

The work is so interesting that it's sometimes challenging to pull back into personal time.

Advice to Management

I think it's important that we continue to walk the talk at all levels, and focus on the positive, and solutions rather than problems. Guidewire needs to remain at the highest levels in these areas.

Other Employee Reviews for Guidewire

1. "Best for the insurance industry and very good overall"

Current Employee - Senior Implementation Consultant in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Implementation Consultant in Remote, OR

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

relaxed enviorment, your work is always based on knowledge and fact - never emotion. Great stock amounts given when hired ( I assume based on level of hire). There is a huge investment in traing prior to becoming a billable resource.

Cons

401k for americans is less than desirable. phone remburisment is very low comparativly.

Advice to Management

There should be no cap, or a much higher cap on max contibution to 401K, as well as a higher match %. Food perdiam should be higher, money does not go far now days even when being as fruggle as possible (not worht eating McDonalds each day to not incure personal costs). Phone remburisment for a traveling consulant needs to be higher that 50$ in USA. There are no carriers who will give unlimited data for 50$ in USA and it not worth your time managing how much data you are using while syncing email/calendar/etc.

"Successful and fast growing company facing new challenges. Good short-term outlook"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Pros

Fortunate with top quality employees and good company culture from the early days.
    Good product and customer pipeline so far.

Cons

Talent cultivation and retention remain challenging in recent years. Start to see high exit rate in development for both old timers and newcomers.
    Rapid increase in organization hierarchy. Currently six levels from individual contributors to VP in Development.
    Inexperienced and disconnected management for a fast growing organization.
    Compensation and reward system don't inspire good behavior of individual contributors.

Advice to Management

Repair visibility by reconnecting with individual contributors.
    Avoid evaluating people based on short-term sales or superficial result.