Guidewire - Guidewire has been an excellent career choice! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire

"Guidewire has been an excellent career choice!"

Current Employee - Senior Implementation Architect, Infrastructure in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

At Guidewire I've been consistently met with respect, collegiality, good communications, and a high level of competency and commitment in my teammates. Compensation, travel, benefits, and generally respectful positive interactions. Leadership is competent and engaged, and evaluations are well-structured and fair. The work is interesting, challenging, and utilizes my skills and talents fully.

Guidewire is committed to outstanding products and services, and our great success derives from that commitment.

Cons

The work is so interesting that it's sometimes challenging to pull back into personal time.

Advice to Management

I think it's important that we continue to walk the talk at all levels, and focus on the positive, and solutions rather than problems. Guidewire needs to remain at the highest levels in these areas.

Other Employee Reviews for Guidewire

1. "Great so far"

Current Employee - Senior Implementation Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Implementation Consultant

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best part about Guidewire is the people. They're all super-smart and want to help you get your work done. The software is top-notch and always getting better. I've never been prouder to work for a company. Oh, and I don't have to lie to clients anymore. That was a big issue at a previous job.

Cons

The biggest con is being in-between projects. Although, I've been told that the more experience you get, the less and less time you spend on the bench.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

2. "Best for the insurance industry and very good overall"

Current Employee - Senior Implementation Consultant in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Implementation Consultant in Remote, OR

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

relaxed enviorment, your work is always based on knowledge and fact - never emotion. Great stock amounts given when hired ( I assume based on level of hire). There is a huge investment in traing prior to becoming a billable resource.

Cons

401k for americans is less than desirable. phone remburisment is very low comparativly.

Advice to Management

There should be no cap, or a much higher cap on max contibution to 401K, as well as a higher match %. Food perdiam should be higher, money does not go far now days even when being as fruggle as possible (not worht eating McDonalds each day to not incure personal costs). Phone remburisment for a traveling consulant needs to be higher that 50$ in USA. There are no carriers who will give unlimited data for 50$ in USA and it not worth your time managing how much data you are using while syncing email/calendar/etc.