Guidewire - Best Company I Ever Worked For | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire

"Best Company I Ever Worked For"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Foster City, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

So many talented people on the team. Collegiality is just fantastic. If you have ANY problem colleagues will help you no matter how long it takes. Developers are also completely shielded from unreasonable deadlines or customer commitments.

Cons

Compensation is good but could be better. 401k benefits need to become better. Health benefits are OK but really should be mote competitive.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Other Employee Reviews for Guidewire

"Wonderful coworkers and a great company"

Current Employee - Implementation Architect
    Current Employee - Implementation Architect

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was a little worried when I first was ask to join Guidewire. I was a programmer with a lot of experience but not in the insurance industry. When I went through training I found that all the folks that I trained with and all the developers, instructors and others were so helpful. Great folks that help insure that we all grow and achieve our maximum potential. What a wonderful feeling to ge a Guidewire employee. I have been with the company for over a year now and the experience continues to be rewarding in so many ways.

Cons

The amount of travel as a field consultant can be a bit stressful. Guidewire is well aware of this and makes every attempt to reduce the impact of being a Professional Services employee. They make it feel like you are part of an extended family.

Advice to Management

Good Job Management !!!
    Keep up the good work :)

"Guidewire has been an excellent career choice!"

Current Employee - Senior Implementation Architect, Infrastructure in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

At Guidewire I've been consistently met with respect, collegiality, good communications, and a high level of competency and commitment in my teammates. Compensation, travel, benefits, and generally respectful positive interactions. Leadership is competent and engaged, and evaluations are well-structured and fair. The work is interesting, challenging, and utilizes my skills and talents fully.

Guidewire is committed to outstanding products and services, and our great success derives from that commitment.

Cons

The work is so interesting that it's sometimes challenging to pull back into personal time.

Advice to Management

I think it's important that we continue to walk the talk at all levels, and focus on the positive, and solutions rather than problems. Guidewire needs to remain at the highest levels in these areas.