Guidewire - Open and Collaborative | Glassdoor

"Open and Collaborative"

Former Intern - Software Development Intern
Former Intern - Software Development Intern

I worked at Guidewire as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent work environment, very intelligent and experienced software developers.Very collaborative and open culture

Cons

Not the most exciting products, but the work is still interesting.

Other Employee Reviews for Guidewire

1. "Guidewire employees look out for each other - What a blessing!"

Current Employee - Worldwide Recruitment Business Partner in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Worldwide Recruitment Business Partner in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Teamwork - low politics - great bosses who support you - opportunity. A supportive environment where you can push the envelope and if you fail, it is a learning opportunity, but you pushed the limits. Marcus Ryu and our executive Management team. The people - everyone is someone I would buy lunch for and learn from. Hard work but we work together. And best of all, a REAL product that changes people's lives - our product helps insurance companies process claims in lightning speed - so those who hold policies are paid sooner, get back to their lives in record time, and get great customer service. This isn't vaporware. This is 100% about Customer Satisfaction.

Cons

Being a smaller company and covering 7+ time zones with 46% of our business outside the US - it is challenging. Incredibly challenging work - there is other company's expectations and pace, and then there is Guidewire's expectations. 150% use of your faculties all the time

Advice to Management

All of our management works as hard or harder than we do, so I never feel like I am asked to do anything that is harder than their load. Keep up the great work. These are the 'good old days'.

2. "Overall, a decent place to work."

Former Employee - Marketing Program Manager in Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Program Manager in Foster City, CA

I worked at Guidewire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a very family-friendly company. Great flexibility with the expectation that you are getting your job done and delivering results.

Cons

Culture varies greatly by department and functional area. Lack of vision in the marketing department. Not at the head of the class. Great brand but needs more investment in marketing talent and resources to execute programs.

Advice to Management

Create better career development opportunities for employees. Provide management training for the myriad of people joining the top ranks who need to learn how to play well with others.