Guidewire - Best place I have ever worked: smart people, tough challenges, collegial and collaborative environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire

"Best place I have ever worked: smart people, tough challenges, collegial and collaborative environment"

Current Employee - Product Development in Foster City, CA
Current Employee - Product Development in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

No nonsense environment, free of the negativity that so many silicon valley companies seem to have. After working at big companies and small ones in the bay area for the past 25 years, I can unequivocally say that this is the best company I have ever worked at.

Cons

We don't have as many "perks" as some silicon valley companies, but overall you have to decide how important that is to you. For me, working at a place where I like and respect my colleagues is much more important. I really do like my job, and that's worth a lot.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing, it seems to be a winning formula: great sales, morale is great, environment is great.

Other Employee Reviews for Guidewire

1. "asldkjflajdsf"

Current Employee - Principal Technical Writer in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Technical Writer in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Guidewire Software has an incredible team of very bright software engineers. I get to work with and write about some modern and very technically advanced software. Guidewire is a place where my efforts are valued and good ideas thrive. Plus, I like working at a global software company that is growing significantly and becoming the dominant software provider in a very lucrative market. My future is bright at Guidewire.

Cons

I live in San Francisco and the office is in Foster City. Wish there were better commute options between the two.

2. "A place full of learning opportunities"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* flexible work hours
    * Study groups, clubs and seminars allowing you to learn new skills outside the daily work
    * the release cycle is not short so it allows you to explore and do programming in the right way
    *the business is going up. It looks like the upper management leads the company to the right direction
    * from what I saw a lot of decisions are made through consensus, so people can feel participating.

Cons

* as many others said, insurance is not a very interesting topic
    * because of long release cycle and high customization of the product, it's not easy for a developer to get feedback from the real users. It makes developers harder to feel the impact of the products they are making.

Advice to Management

keep good work!