Guidewire - Amazing commitment to customer success without burning out employees. | Glassdoor

"Amazing commitment to customer success without burning out employees."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart and disciplined coworkers. Products that customers love. Minimal corporate politics. Plentiful social events. Great salary and benefits. And it turns out that insurance is a more interesting domain that I expected it to be.

Cons

This is enterprise software for very conservative customers, so we have rather long release cycles (2 years between InsuranceSuite 7 and 8) compared to other places I've worked.

Guidewire2013-11-02
  1. "Consistently Solid"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Guidewire full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Very collaborative and friendly environment, everyone wants to help one another - Product is mature, very little churn - Serves a very real need in the world - Highly admire CEO and rest of management, they seem to care a lot about us and the company. Not just our stock value.

Cons

- Fast growth has made more management layers - Nothing else

Advice to Management

Continue to invest and us as much as you have and we'll continue what we've started!

Guidewire2019-01-25
  2. "Field Consultant"

Current Employee - Field Consultant

I have been working at Guidewire full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Guidewire is a good company to work for. Chances to work abroad, maintain healthy work life balance, prestigious clients and some of the best team members and colleagues.

Cons

The company is going thorugh the growth pain. Specially the professional services unit lost of disconnect with higher management. Appraisal and Promotion process is sporadic and is a comlete blackbox.

Advice to Management

Please value your employees and provide them opportunities to grow. Please talk to field consultants at lower designation and find out their perspectives and issues. Make them feel inclusive.

Guidewire2019-03-25

Discover more reviews about Guidewire.