Guidewire - Still loving Guidewire after 5 years of working there | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire

"Still loving Guidewire after 5 years of working there"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In 25 plus years of working in tech, I can honestly say this is the first company I've worked for where I know its core values (collegiality, rationality, integrity) and believe that management and staff alike abide by them. I know it sounds corny, but we are collegial to the max. You never hear anyone say "that's not my job." I also fully trust our executive team. Marcus, the CEO, is brilliant and definitely a leader with integrity.

We've had some instances where a person in a manager role wasn't doing a great job. In most companies, that person would simply be let go. At Guidewire, I know of a couple of cases where former managers were invited to step into individual contributor roles instead of leaving the company. I really value this flexibility.

Cons

I can't think of many cons. Sometimes Guidewire is slow to let someone go who isn't doing his/her job well and is not a good fit for the company. On a minor note, I disapprove of our jury duty policy: we're given just 3 days reimbursement for jury duty. I feel this discourages employees from doing their civic duty.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing now!

Other Employee Reviews for Guidewire

1. "Great company to work, stocks are always up, values it's employees!"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Exton, PA
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Exton, PA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent Company! Secure, competitive pay, great benefits, excellent values, cares about it's employees, upper management is approachable which is rare but so especially nice about this company!

Cons

I haven't found any cons yet as everything has been positive for me thus far. It has been a wonderful experience, the people are unusually great everywhere, all willing to help, answer questions, train, allowing room for advancement etc.

Advice to Management

I feel so blessed to have been provided the opportunity to become a Guidewire employee. Keep up the great work!

"Working with good people on difficult problems"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Guidewire has really good people with a culture of working together well. There's a lot of respect between different departments so as a developer you know that the product managers and project managers will work with you to solve problems, and will trust your judgement on technical issues and estimates. There's a big emphasis on getting work done without any politics. If problems come up the attitude is always how can we fix it and prevent it in the future, never who can we blame.

Cons

Guidewire has a lot of proprietary technology, which is a mixed blessing. It means you can work on technology you might not get to work on elsewhere but also means it's harder to use some of the newer tools