Guidewire - Best job I've ever had. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire

"Best job I've ever had."

Current Employee - Senior Curriculum Developer in Foster City, CA
Current Employee - Senior Curriculum Developer in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working on challenging projects, with interesting people, for a company that knows what it's doing and makes a profitable product. What's not to like?

Cons

There really isn't much downside. Sometimes I think management could give me a little bit more direction, but that's about it. Oh, and the toilet paper is neither absorbent, soft, nor strong, which is ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Expand the product line. We could make a bundle off health and life insurance.

Other Employee Reviews for Guidewire

"Best company worked for, period!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely smart colleagues that are also always willing to help... just ask! Leadership thinks rationally and focuses on real use cases rather than someone's whims and fancies. At the same time, there is willingness to stretch limits of what enterprise software can do! You can literally feel that these folks have a passion to serve the P&C insurance industry!
    Work hours are flexible and working from home is okay, but working in office is so much fun I cannot think of working from home more than a day a week. Lots of freedom along with accountability. These folks take software quality very very seriously. There are code clean up days organized, and pair programming encouraged! Truly agile workplace. You are not only allowed but even encouraged to try out different roles and/or teams, rather than stagnate in the same role for years.

Cons

No free lunch like Google/Facebook. This would be a nice addition however this is not a deal breaker.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on rationality, but continue to be willing to re-define what "reasonable" means!

"Good rational company focused on achieving its mission"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The compensation is good and there isn't a lot of 'fluff' to wade through in order to do your job. On the contrary, they expect you to be focused on success and they try to support you. Guidewire can do this because they try hard to make sure your goals are the company's goals, and the company's stated goals are its real goals.

Cons

The company does have high expectations and in certain areas, tight demands.