KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Intern, less than 1 year

Guidewire Intern

Oct 16, 2014 - Software Engineer Intern in Foster City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance and a lot of experienced engineers to learn from. I was given a a very open project that required a lot of responsibility from me in designing the project. If I had an idea, I had the ability to propose it and then just run wild with it. Made me feel at home with a lot of intern events and and good mentors. Good pay and relocation benefits.

Cons

Not many people in the office on Fridays since most people work from home.

1 person found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Good place

Aug 9, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible/interesting work and good team culture

Cons

Pair coding is not fun sometimes

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

The Tech Job Dream

Jul 14, 2022 - Information Security Analyst in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Guidewire was my first job out of college, and I quickly realized why they have won awards as a top employer. They offer some of the best benefits for employees, including: - a remote work equipment stipend - generous yearly budget for wellness (gym membership, sports equipment, health classes, etc.) - reimbursement of mobile phone, internet for remote employees - the coveted unlimited PTO policy

Cons

Their product, software/SaaS for certain insurance companies, isn't anything especially cool or interesting to tell your friends about. Remote work is quite unengaging. Fairly few things going on that aren't in-person at their headquarter locations. This year, they also did not offer a travel budget for conferences.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Guidewire.

Guidewire Photos

+ Add Photo
Guidewire photo of: Mike in Krakow
Guidewire photo of: Chill time
Guidewire photo of: Brainstorming
Guidewire photo of: Getting it fixed
Guidewire photo of: Connect the dots
Guidewire photo of: Mike in Krakoe
Guidewire photo of: Discovering new cultures