Guidewire - Rewarding, interesting, and challenging opportunity to make valued contributions and a significant difference. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire

"Rewarding, interesting, and challenging opportunity to make valued contributions and a significant difference."

Current Employee - Senior Implementation Architect in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Senior Implementation Architect in San Mateo, CA

Pros

Very high quality and competent people across the board. Senior leadership has formed a strong vision and led us contoinously towards it despiote majorr challenges. Flexibile while remaining focused, and very much walks the talk.

Cons

Hard to come up with any for myself. As we are very selective, it might be challenging for some people, even those having general experience, to be hired into our company. I don't see this as a downside per se.

Advice to Management

Remain true to our ongoing commitment to excellence, even in the face of new pressures that come with being a highly successful company. Continue to serve our Customers as valued partners, and to treat people as the most important resource.

Other Employee Reviews for Guidewire

1. "A great place to work with lots of smart people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Pros

Excellent balance between work and life, challenging problems, superb colleagues. It's a place that I enjoy to be at -- probably the best place I've ever worked.

Cons

The functional area (insurance) can be dry, and sometimes the pace is slower than I'd like. Also the company is getting bigger and that always has some downsides involving coordination and keeping process requirements to a minimum.

"Good people are leaving the company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Pros

The business is doing very well and the company has many satisfied customers. People care about their job and making real contribution to make Guidewire's products the best in the market. Coworkers are exceptionally friendly and willing to help each other.

Cons

In the past two years the company grew in very fast speed, the small company characters have disappeared. The organization is not flat anymore. The management has no training or vision. There is no management culture and principles. On the surface the company has core values but the values are not followed. The middle managements formed a alliance that has all the political posturing that you can see in a big company and the interview process is controlled by that group.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees and review the interview process.