Gumbiner Savett - Good place to work if you want stability | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Gumbiner Savett

"Good place to work if you want stability"

Former Employee - Intern in Santa Monica, CA
Former Employee - Intern in Santa Monica, CA

Pros

Stability- Accounting is a really stable field
Nice Offices-located in a great location, about a ten minute drive from the beac
Admin Staff-very friendly people, good peers to work with

Cons

Accounting- pretty boring industry
Social- not a very good place for a fresh college graduate, not many people to socialize with, most people are involved in their families and work etc....

Advice to Management

I really couldnt say I didnt work much with Senior Management

Other Employee Reviews for Gumbiner Savett

"Good Firm that NEEDS NEW MANAGEMENT IDEAS!"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Santa Monica, CA

Pros

GS is well rocognized among its competitors (other CPA firms) in the Los Angeles area; I still believe it's a good place to work, and everyone gets along really well.

Cons

As others have written, the firm management the past 2-3 years have slipped and have made bad choices. For example, the move to transfer the work into a less paper environment could have been handled better - - the move to Sureprep was not great. Among partners and principals, the work was not distributed fairly. This has left some in upper management a little perturbed and caused others to leave.

The worst thing that could have happened is the move to hire non-locals among the staff. I understand the cheaper rate that they can pay, but I rather have someone who speaks better English and knows American customs.

I think it started to go down when they were examining being bought out by a larger national firm.

Advice to Management

There are some who shouldn't be in Senior Management.

"A Place On The Decline"

Former Employee - Senior in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Senior in Santa Monica, CA

Pros

PROS

Good mid-level firm to start off from college. There is growing support at this level, and I believe it continues to get better. There's a range of great clients and exposure to all industries is certain.

Cons

CONS

The management was lacking, and the direction the firm was heading was not good. People were leaving, and they were being replaced by Indians. I termed it "Reverse Outsourcing." Certain new partners were changing the culture to one that was negative for a smaller firm.

Advice to Management

There are some partners who have no business being partners. The cold attitude needs to be thawed out. There needs to be greater structure.