Gymboree - Working for Gymboree was very disappointing. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Gymboree

"Working for Gymboree was very disappointing."

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Manhattan Beach, CA
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Manhattan Beach, CA

I worked at Gymboree part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bonus every time you comp and made LY

Cons

No support from district managers, very little payroll, Regional manager is evil, human resources don’t do their job, Shipment is outrages, Newlines come in every other weekend.

Advice to Management

Everyone from store managers to sales associates are the ones making you rich, not your DMS and RM so listen to the “little people”.

Other Employee Reviews for Gymboree

"Quality Product and Amazing Customers.. otherwise rough!!!"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Atlantic City, NJ
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Atlantic City, NJ

I worked at Gymboree full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My time at Gymboree took me from Sales Associate to Store Manager over the course of almost 8 years. Gymboree commitment to quality fashionable children's clothing is one of the few never changing things at Gymboree. The customers are top notch.. they love the brand and are loyal followers.. making the work environment fun and a challenge at the same time.

Cons

Wow.. were to start! Having been through at least 6 District Managers and many temp ones. I would say the problems with this job all stem from the either inexperienced DM or the one who was there to collect a paycheck. The favoritism was endless.. tons of talk of growing store managers into bigger roles.. never happens.. no one was responsible.. no one listened.. it was like an endless game of cat and mouse.. and the only thing that was heard or responded too what was done wrong.. In the end I was forced to make a life changing decision and leave my position with the company.

So just beware do your research.. ask that DM how long have they been with the company... lots of DM turnover.. makes for an unfavorable company to work for.

Advice to Management

Upper Management there are dedicated store managers in the store that dying to move up the ladder.. teach them.. work with them.. mold them into next DM's.. If these same Store Mangers are good enough to run your store for 5...6..7..8.. plus years why not mold them into your next upper management. And just a thought if a dedicated Store Manager leaves her position unexpectedly maybe Regional Manager should connect one and one and ask some important questions.. like what caused this sudden decision..

"Gymboree Production"

Current Employee - Assistant Production Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Production Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Gymboree full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Gymboree is a great place to learn about the fashion industry.

Cons

There is little communication from management and it feels like the company takes the employees for granted.

Advice to Management

Please let us know what is going on.