Gymboree - Comfortable work environment with great people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Gymboree

"Comfortable work environment with great people"

Former Contractor - Product Development in San Francisco, CA
Former Contractor - Product Development in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Gymboree as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

People are very nice, scheduling is very flexible, management is very open to suggestions and having conversations, and pay is on the higher end

Cons

Lots of cross-functional coordination makes things difficult sometimes, in general things have to touch many sets of hands for any process, hours can sometimes be a little long and not well regulated

Advice to Management

Check-in with employees to make sure they're not feeling overwhelmed

Other Employee Reviews for Gymboree

1. "Above average retailer"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Gymboree full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The family friendly atmosphere is what makes our customers let us be a part of their family. I've seen families at their best moments (birth of first child) to the absolute worst (stillborn baby) and have celebrated and grieved with all of them. If you TRULY love children and connecting with other people but also have the retail bug, then this company is for you. That doesn't mean it's play time all the time though. It takes a lot of hard work and often on your own due to payroll constraints. As for growth, things are always changing so you never know what opportunity will land in your lap.

Cons

Payroll for sales floor coverage

2. "Horrible lace to work"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Gymboree part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no reasons to work here,unless there is no other job...Bad schedule,favoritism and bad training.I left the job because of those things.I worked for 1 year as an assistant manager,and it was bad.You do your managers job,while she is shopping!,you have to close the eyes on "some employees" late coming to work,because they are friend of your boss. When assistant made a mistake( because they DO NOT HAVE A PROPER TRAINING!),my boss put her on the chair in middle of the sales room after we closed,and in front of all of us,started to ask,why did she still that money?(that we found,she just use the wrong button,cash instead of credit...)Do I have to tell any thing else?That girl sued the company and WON!

Cons

Stupidity of rules,lack of interest in how and what you do for them.

Advice to Management

You have to change all your system.Get better training( not on the phone and in front of customers...)