H E B - Great Opportunities | Glassdoor
Pros
Cons

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Great Opportunities"

Former Employee - Cashier/Bagger in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Cashier/Bagger in Austin, TX

Pros

Great opportunities for those who are willing to move up in the company. I started off as a checker and within 8 months I learned the customer service center, self checkout, and gas station functions as well as got selected to attend a management training course. Just cause retail may not be your interest, if you show you're willing to learn and show you're worth the investment, they'll gladly give you other tasks. Doing different tasks certainly made the job more appealing as I wasn't doing the same thing. Plus you can negotiate pay, but you gotta prove them why you deserve it of course.

Cons

You're bound to work with teenagers and people who do the bare minimum. You'll also deal with the negative customers who are never satisfied, but aside from that it's a great company that truly gives you opportunities if you're willing to take the first step.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do, don't know how management was in other stores, but I enjoyed mine at the Austin 25 store.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Interviewed and received an offer."

Former Employee - Inventory Analyst I in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Inventory Analyst I in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Great environment. Google-esque. And awesome location for downtown corporate HQ.

Cons

They consider the bonus as salary when it's not. Yes, they have offered it for 9 years straight, but that could also change.

2. "Best Company on Earth"

Pros

People, culture, innovation - so many opportunities to grow at HEB. Every partner at every level is valued.

Cons

Fast paced, retail hours - some partners have to work long hours to get the job done, but it is all worth it in the end. Retail is retail, everyone knows that coming in.

Discover more reviews about H E B.