H E B - A big roller coaster ride. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for H E B

"A big roller coaster ride."

Current Employee - Carryout/Parking Lot Attendant in Victoria, TX
Current Employee - Carryout/Parking Lot Attendant in Victoria, TX

I have been working at H E B full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The friends I've made and the benefits are pretty good as well.

Cons

I got demoted from cashierto bagger/carryout almost 13 yrs ago.

Advice to Management

Respect more your fellow employees and treat them right.

Other Employee Reviews for H E B

1. "Completely unprofessional, lack of understanding of onboarding a new ee, and completely unprofessional behavior."

Former Contractor - Senior Project Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Former Contractor - Senior Project Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at H E B as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of the people that work there very nice hard-working individuals. The overall work environment was very positive.

Cons

It took IT over three weeks to get me the system access that I needed to do my job. The director of my department frequently engaged in screaming matches with his employees. I would be given direction to do something a certain way, But it would turn out that the directors vision was not what he explained to me to do. The only direction I was given was that I needed to learn the process so that we could follow the project management process. When trying to do so, I was met with Significant resistance from those involved.

Advice to Management

Get a better on boarding process so that your contractor/partners don't have to wait three weeks before they can start working. They are out how to get someone NID without having to wait almost 3 weeks to obtain one. And, above all, screaming at employees is 100% unprofessional and should not be tolerated in any form or fashion. I was appalled that this is behavior that I was told frequently occurred.

2. "A lot of room to grow"

Pros

H E B gives you plenty of growing opportunities. You just have to show your interest and hope that your managers are there to help you out.

Cons

Customer interaction is always a hard thing to handle. Just remember you are representing H E B if you have an angry customer so it actually builds ones patience.

Advice to Management

Treat the customers right and the partners better. If someone has a degree they should try everything in their power to make them feel as if they have achieved something extraordinary.