H E B - Good company overall | Glassdoor

"Good company overall"

Current Employee - Cashier in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Cashier in Austin, TX

I have been working at H E B full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people, plenty of opportunity to move up in the company. Good values, the company always there whenever there is a hurricane or a charity event.

Cons

The pay is so-so but still better than similar jobs. Pretty high turnaround as in any retail job.

Advice to Management

Would be nice to have more bonuses/ promotions.

Other Employee Reviews for H E B

"Worked there, shopped there. Best work experience, best shopping experience."

Former Employee - Unit Director in Kerrville, TX
    Former Employee - Unit Director in Kerrville, TX

I worked at H E B full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I was rewarded and recognized for my contributions to company success. I was given opportunities to add to my job skills. They recognized my potential, then gave me opportunities to be all I could be. I was always treated fairly. The glue that attracted and held me to H.E.B. was Charles Butt and his personal goal of wanting H.E.B. to be, not the largest grocery company in America, but the best grocery company in America.

Cons

I felt the company lost something precious when H.E.B. shifted from being more customer driven to being more buyer driven. However, I recogized the necessity of the change. To their credit, it appears to me they recovered quickly and have a good balance between giving customers what they want, their procurement process and concern for the people who work for them.

Advice to Management

Remain union free at all costs. One of my sons works in a union environment. It doesn't work. There is no fair and equal treatment, no recognition for work well done and no pride in the organization.
    (the block for last year employed doesn't give me the opportunity to correctly respond).

"Great company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at H E B full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I loved working at HEB. I only left because I wanted to advance in my field of study after graduation.

Cons

Very difficult to advance into corporate.