H E B - Great for what it is. | Glassdoor

"Great for what it is."

Former Employee - Produce Clerk
Former Employee - Produce Clerk

I worked at H E B part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I mean, if you're not with corporate, this is a grocery job. It's not that hard to do, doesn't take any particular intelligence, and pays well for what it is (especially for a state as cheap as Texas). I actually felt respected in my entry-level position in produce which is often not the case with these kinds of jobs. The management wasn't bad, though there was a problem dog here or there nonetheless amongst the ranks, which I suppose is unavoidable. If you so choose, it's not a bad place to train and attempt to move up the ranks if that's your cup of tea.The company culture is generally dignified and agreeable.

Cons

Not a whole lot, the problems I did have are honestly to be expected in the position I worked. I'm far more intelligent than the job I took requires, and thus I did sometimes wish for more autonomy, but hey, if I didn't have to leave for personal reasons that probably just means management should've been my endgame with the company. Otherwise, I suppose mainly at least in my location there was often a disconnect between department managers and administrative managers, but I suppose that wasn't really my problem and I never felt too impacted by it aside from the occasional dissenting orders from the two.

Advice to Management

The management might want to work on communicating better with itself, would probably make the operations a little more smooth.

Other Employee Reviews for H E B

1. "HEB is the best place to work"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician

I worked at H E B full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved working at HEB

Cons

I can not think of anything I did not like about this employer

2. "Great workplace and very diversed"

Pros

HEB pays very well and has great company benefits. If you are a leader, people will notice and will work with you to make you better.

Cons

They care more about experience with the compnay rather than people with Bachelor's degrees.

Advice to Management

Look more into giving recent college grads the chance to move up in leadership and take a risk on them. They went to school for a reason and they are the one who have committed to something important to help their future.