H E B - outstanding company that is pro employee, pro community, and a great place to work! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for H E B

"outstanding company that is pro employee, pro community, and a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Store Director in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Store Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at H E B full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits, allows for latitude, and embraces diversity.

Cons

Distances can often be a challenge.

Other Employee Reviews for H E B

1. "Great Experiences, Enjoyed it!"

Former Employee - HEB Cashier/Bagger in College Station, TX
    Former Employee - HEB Cashier/Bagger in College Station, TX

I worked at H E B part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great entry level pay for college students/entry level workers. Can switch shifts with co-workers easily. Got to meet many new friendly faces and it was great for getting more comfortable with small talk with random people. Did a lot of good for my communication skills. A LOT better than the jobs my friends had part time while they were in school!

Cons

a good number of the supervisors were immature at times because the store was in a college town, but not very hard to overlook with the other positives.

Advice to Management

Try to be sure that employees with bad people skills don't run rampant in supervisory roles.

2. "Amazing experience working for"

Former Employee - Cashier in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier in Austin, TX

I worked at H E B part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is one of the few that genuinely cares for it's employees. I actually enjoyed going to work. They are very understanding when it comes to your work schedule, which makes it the perfect place for students to work. I was going to college while I worked here, and many of the people I worked with were in high school or college. So many good vibes being put off here that you really enjoy interacting with customers.

Cons

Of course, there are those customers who just HAVE to be difficult but that's just the nature of customer service. If you're nice to them, the majority of them will be nice right back. That is no fault of the company itself. I honestly can't think of anything wrong with this company.