H&M - Good company, less than stellar managers. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for H&M

"Good company, less than stellar managers."

Former Employee - Window Visual Merchandiser in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Window Visual Merchandiser in San Francisco, CA

I worked at H&M full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to move up in the company. Rewarded for hard work through quarterly raises and reviews.

Cons

Staff is young and most people tend to come and go.

Advice to Management

Try to hire people who are not on drugs.

Other Employee Reviews for H&M

"Shady"

Current Employee - Part-time Sales Advisor in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Part-time Sales Advisor in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at H&M part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great clothes. Product is easy to sell. Customers are nice and enthusiastic.

Cons

Just found out that my coworker who has less seniority, less education, less experience, and is also MALE is getting paid more than me for absolutely NO reason. I make $9.22/hour and he makes $10/hour, and he was instructed to not tell anyone for fear that it would create a discrepancy among the workers.

Advice to Management

Pay all employees equally and keep your full-time employees and your attitudes in check.

"Great company for Sales Advisors, they expect too much from management for the salary!"

Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Portland, OR

I worked at H&M full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Always something to do at work, never bored. You have the opportunity to gain multiple skill sets relavent to other industries outside of retail. Professional atmosphere for the most part! 6 paid holidays.

Cons

Corporate expectations are very high. Often unattainable. NO positive feedback! H&M seems to attract people who do not offer words of affirmation. Never enough time as a manager to take vacation time.

Advice to Management

Communicate more effectively from the corporate level down. Trust your store management teams to make relavent business decision for their locations. I mean it's "Entreprenurial Spirit" right? Also look at your store reports over time for newly "comp" locations. It's hard to establish consistent customer base in a lot of markets.