H&M - I liked my job | Glassdoor

"I liked my job"

Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at H&M part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's not hard to get a head if you show interest and take initiative. You get to meet a lot of different people and deal with a variety of personalities. Employee discount!

Cons

They want full availability, which can be hard if they can't give you enough hours to survive on. Sometime you have to encounter very rude customers and you can't take it personal.

Advice to Management

Understanding that people might need a second job and be more flexible with that issue.

Other Employee Reviews for H&M

1. "Different everday, very strict policies!"

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Denver, CO

I have been working at H&M part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The discount is good at 25%! Depending on what department you work in, sometimes the work can get a bit repetitive. Running clothes from the fitting room for 8 hours is not the most fun. The people are great, and you make lots of friends.

Cons

H&M has VERY strict policies. For example, being late is never an option. And yes, clocking in one minute late is considered late. Get 6 of these and you are fired, no questions asked. Make sure you are responsible enough to actually be on time!

Advice to Management

As many people have stated, there does seem to be favorites with management. This happens at any workplace, but it becomes obvious when certain people get more hours when everyone's hours are being cut. Just try to be more fair.

2. "A working student's view of the company circa 2008"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in West Nyack, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in West Nyack, NY

I worked at H&M part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

nice management/co-workers, great location with positive sales associates who were experienced and willing to train and mentor new employees. Nice break room

Cons

not understanding of employee needs- company values and policies need to provided to new employees in a better manor. I didn't enjoy not knowing crucial things.

Advice to Management

understand employee needs better