H&M - Avoid at ALL costs, dishonest stressful atmosphere | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for H&M

"Avoid at ALL costs, dishonest stressful atmosphere"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Schaumburg, IL
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at H&M part-time (More than a year)

Pros

25% Off Clothes
Made a load of new friends

Cons

Unrealistic goals
Understaffed
Bitter management, rude, uncaring about personal issues
Social life is cut off due to horrible hours

Management is dishonest, and they will create a cause to fire you and keep seasonal and new staff. I worked there for over a year no issues and came in one day 3 hours early only to be pulled aside, put in a room and verbally shouted at by 2 loss prevention employees accusing me of saving 4 old receipts (which they claim they found buried in a trash can, why they would be digging in a trash can I don;t know), stealing a managers code to open the register which is very much impossible and than stealing from the registers. How much money? 50 dollars? 100? 1000? No 14 dollars. I would never in my life take from that company. The LP guy claimed the store was filled with cameras and would I like to admit anything? The store had 0 cameras a when I said I'd love to see the footage of me trying to smuggle 14 dollars away I was refused and fired immediately. My advice would to avoid this store. That isn't a proper way to treat an employee. Besides that they are not flexible with school, so no sympathy when you are sick and when asked why I'm forced to stay till 2am and open the next day at 6am, their response is "too bad"

Advice to Management

Show some compassion for those beneath you

Other Employee Reviews for H&M

1. "I liked my job"

Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at H&M part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's not hard to get a head if you show interest and take initiative. You get to meet a lot of different people and deal with a variety of personalities. Employee discount!

Cons

They want full availability, which can be hard if they can't give you enough hours to survive on. Sometime you have to encounter very rude customers and you can't take it personal.

Advice to Management

Understanding that people might need a second job and be more flexible with that issue.

2. "Different everday, very strict policies!"

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Denver, CO

I have been working at H&M part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The discount is good at 25%! Depending on what department you work in, sometimes the work can get a bit repetitive. Running clothes from the fitting room for 8 hours is not the most fun. The people are great, and you make lots of friends.

Cons

H&M has VERY strict policies. For example, being late is never an option. And yes, clocking in one minute late is considered late. Get 6 of these and you are fired, no questions asked. Make sure you are responsible enough to actually be on time!

Advice to Management

As many people have stated, there does seem to be favorites with management. This happens at any workplace, but it becomes obvious when certain people get more hours when everyone's hours are being cut. Just try to be more fair.