H&R Block - Treat and pay employees like fast food workers | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for H&R Block

"Treat and pay employees like fast food workers"

Pros

Summers off, flexible schedule, short commute

Cons

The hiring process is awful. Everything is supposed to be email and if you don't get all of the emails for whatever reason you will be at a loss. No one calls you. If you need information about training or getting onto the website be prepared to call several different offices to be referred to a bunch of different people who have no answers for you. The training was a joke. What was supposed to be a trainer was someone who stood in the front of the room and complained about policy changes and extra workload. The tax professionals in my office had no right calling themselves professionals. They were completely ghetto, and I was actually embarrassed by the behaviors and comments I witnessed. You are on your own once you start. Don't expect any guidance, until you do something wrong. Then you'll hear about it like you were supposed to know. If H&R Block wants a reputation as a respectable, professional company, they need to pay for and hire quality people. If you have any class whatsoever, you can do much better and will not fit in here.

Advice to Management

Increase pay and hiring standards. Most of the employees I came in contact with were completely unprofessional.

Other Employee Reviews for H&R Block

1. "I have very good experince working for the company."

Pros

The satisfaction of the services I provide my clients.

Cons

I feel like I am not compensated appropriately for my service.

Advice to Management

no advice

"Great part-time job, but is it really all about taxes?"

Current Employee - Tax Pro
    Current Employee - Tax Pro

Pros

It's a great part-time job. The hours are flexible and, if you put effort into it, the training is fantastic.

Cons

The company seems to be more driven by selling products than by doing taxes. This is a change from when I started in the early 2000s, and my current district manager doesn't seem to care how well I do taxes (I do them *very* well) but only about how many Peace of Minds and Second Looks I can sell.

Advice to Management

None. They likely wouldn't care.