HARMAN - fast growing in shenzhen office | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for HARMAN

"fast growing in shenzhen office"

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)
Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)

I have been working at HARMAN full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a 2 years old office. The process here is chaos but it is great opportunities to learn and make your name. No work overtime.

Cons

stingy company and not good at motivate employee

Other Employee Reviews for HARMAN

"A great place to study and work for"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Tokyo (Japan)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Tokyo (Japan)

I worked at HARMAN full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Lots of flexibility in job requirements. Over the dozen or so years I have been here, I have pretty much written my own job description.
    Small side projects became larger projects, become job requirements. I have not had a manager give me 'an assignment' in the last 8-9 years. It is a very self-directed environment.

All the creature comforts are here: free drinks, breakfasts, Summer Outings, Anniversary cruises, etc...
    All the benefits that matter are here: 401k match, insurance plans, profit sharing. Respectable salary

Being a worker-bee with no eye towards management, I am quite happy to do the 9-5, and not think about work at all when I am gone.

Cons

There is not a lot of promotions here.
    That said, I think people come in with weird expectations: It is not high school, you don't get a promotion every year. Realistically, every position I have held here had possibility of being a life long career position.

Advice to Management

We are a wee bit conservative.
    Every time that gets me upset, I think to myself "Do you run a half a billion dollar a year company?" The answer has always been no, so I figure the more conservative path that got us here has merit.

"If you want to sleep comfortably then don't ever go for this company"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer I in Bengaluru (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer I in Bengaluru (India)

I worked at HARMAN full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Quality of cheating the people by showing them some good work profile

Cons

Incredibly unfriendly, unprofessional, immature working culture and people. They don't want to respect and don't want to accept as well. If you don't have any other offer and you are in really bad shape then only choose this company. Some experienced examples:
    1. People can say that you are finding mistake within single month of your joining (even though in just one month you wouldn't have understood the complete system behavior). And the funny part is your manager will also agree on this, as ...ha ha ha... screw the requirement spec. his developers are more competent then the Spec.

Advice to Management

Don't recruit people from good organizations.