HCC - Sweat Shop Mentality | Glassdoor

"Sweat Shop Mentality"

I have been working at HCC full-time

Pros

I have healthcare benefits and a tiny, tiny paycheck.

Cons

This is the cheapest and most unprofessional company I have ever seen. Their expectations are unreasonable based on the fact that their products are severely behind all of their competitors and they are in a serious catch-up mode. I have never seen such poor managment and micromanagement at that and their unrealistic expections have even driven off all the HR professionals! I think they had to leave before further damaging their careers. Their idea of training is laughable and there is absolutely no empowerment of their employees. The poor management fosters poor attitudes among most of the employees and most people end up looking, feeling and acting like battered women (even the men). It is demoralizing.

Advice to Management

You high on the hill. Take a look around the place and see if you would want to work under the conditions you have created for the employees. It is rather hellish. Most people feel their jobs are threatened by you nearly every day and that is absolute demoralizing. Show some respect to the employees. Expect the best of them and not treat them like you expect the worst. You need to put a moratorium on the beatings until you fix the products.

Other Employee Reviews for HCC

1. "Medical Assistant RMA"

Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Port Orchard, WA
    Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Port Orchard, WA

I worked at HCC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The Dr. is very pro patient and gives them excellent care. The office is progressive in new trends of medications and procedures and labs.

Cons

Being a patient A+ being an employee F...The Dr. displayed sheer favoritism, towards certain employees in attitude and tolerance. There is a tremendous lack of training and communication and empathy at office level . It was less than "joyful or fulfilling working there.

Advice to Management

It is all about the Dr and he takes advice from no one.

2. "Excellent Place to Work"

I worked at HCC part-time

Pros

Team members were awesome to work with

Cons

Part time grant funded position