HCL Technologies - Another consulting company | Glassdoor

"Another consulting company"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Paycheck comes ontime while on job. Benefits are very competitive. Some of the process areas are automated.

Cons

No career growth. No recognition. Disparity of treatment during appraisal. Human Resource and Senior Management doesn't care employees. Hard to get things done (have to flip flop b/w Sunnyvale and Noida offices).

Advice to Management

Management says "Employees 1st" but do they really believe in it. More effective actions may be required.

Other Employee Reviews for HCL Technologies

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Jersey City, NJ

Pros

Great benefits and expense structure, where health benefits are excellent and a lot of expenses are covered.
    Most of the co-workers are competent in their field, every one are selected through thorough interviews.
    A lot of opporunity to learn advanced SAP product, because Axon handles a lot of MRO and utilities client.
    Axon improves my work and life balance, because we work from the office Monday to Thursday but we work from home on Friday. So we have extra time to do our other chores on Friday.
    The work environment is fun.
    Leaders are really giving us direction to grow with the company

Cons

I don't know what will happen after Axon sold to another company in the near future. As you know Axon is trying to sell themselves to another company, and the interested parties are Indian IT company. With them, we don't know about the benefits and the culture, which will be implemented.
    Sometimes to ask questions regarding internal company issues is hard, because we don't really meet our development manager or HR people. Everyone is located in different places.
    For local consultant even though we do not need to fly everywhere, we don't get the whole expense benefits like per Diem, flight points, and hotel points.

Advice to Management

Don't sell Axon

2. "HCL"

Current Employee - Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in Austin, TX

Pros

The Benifits are great.The Salary seems to be competitive with the industry. Most of the people are friendly. It is a great experience being able to work with some of our customers. Many are on the cutting edge of technology and on a personal level most people are very appreciative of the work that we are doing for them. The Benefits provider that we have is very good. Getting a person added to your insurance is not a problem. The co-pay for the doctors visit is very low. The 401k plan is very fair. After a year you are eligble and the match rate is above average.

Cons

The company always seems to be in a state of chaos. Most of the HR processes seem to be broken. There seems to be little room for advancement if join the company in the US and are not able to relocate to India. Promotions seem to be based on a good old boy system. The Indian culture at HCL often times will clash with American values. This sometimes leads to problems with our customers being satisfied with the service that they are recieving. We don't really hear much from senior management unless there is a problem. Reviews seem to be a random process.

Advice to Management

Start thinking of HCL more in terms of an American company that utilizes offshore resources instead of an Indian company which uses a few overseas resources.