HCL Technologies - Cool , But salary is very less compare to Market standards | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for HCL Technologies

"Cool , But salary is very less compare to Market standards"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Plano, TX

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Scope to work on various projects related to various Domains and technologies, Company has very good clients....

Cons

Very Poor in team management. Some Managers are useless, not sure how they became managers, High level management doesn't now who is good developers and who is good managers... HCL management believe that Good Developer means he is also a Good manager.

Other Employee Reviews for HCL Technologies

"Do not work here"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hauppauge, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hauppauge, NY

I worked at HCL Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at HCL America for over 4 year. My old company outsourced my product development to HCL in 1998. They gave me a retention bonus earned after staying for a year, which is nice.

Cons

I am one of the many senior software engineer in the team. Every year, they kept laying off current senior people and outsourced their responsiblities to India. Some Indian programmers are pretty good technically. But they only do what you tell them to do. They don't have much other common sense. If you spec is missing a few details or is wrong, they would just code it anyway. Also, there is no career opportunities for existing developers from the transitioned company. You are there for knowledge transfer only. I see all these junior/mid developers rose the ranks to become managers or leads over the 4 years that I worked there. Their idea of employee first is really Indian people first. Also, I got like less than 1% raise every year. The only reason that I stayed was because my manager, who is out of state, let me worked from home (which is a real big convenience). Their HCL America web site was really confusing with a lot of sites that are not connected. I had to create several credentials. But over the years, they improved it a lot, actually. But as of 2012, it is still not as good as my old company's internal website (2008). There is a lot of bureaucracy within the organization. We tried to get a laptop and had to go thru like a dozen approvals and took over a year. Also, HCL does not really know how to do product development. All they are about is their bottom-lin and profit margin.

2. "Great place during the expansion"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are a number of great consultants who are fun to work with and have deep experience and skills. Unlike other larger consulting firms, no pressure to continue moving up. Able to work across a wide range of industries and not be pigeon-holed.

Cons

The fun consultants are getting fewer in number. Seems to be stagnating a bit in terms of growth.

Advice to Management

Remember those who deliver the projects