HCL Technologies - this company neither very good company nor worst. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for HCL Technologies

"this company neither very good company nor worst."

Current Employee - Technical Lead in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Technical Lead in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Job security
Onsite opportunity for offshore employees.
I can not say any other pros about this company.

Cons

very less salary.
No appreciation.
Senior management is focused only profit and keep sucking employee blood.
They dont care employee they care for client. weather client is wrong they will blame to employee.
They bring employee on L1 visa and give very less salary in comparision to market.

Advice to Management

Only saying Employee first does not make it. What they say they should mean it.

Other Employee Reviews for HCL Technologies

"Director"

Pros

very sales focused and not customer delight focussed

Cons

very poor planning and ownership

"Gross incompetence."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Redmond, WA

I worked at HCL Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is growing quickly so there is plenty of opportunity to find employment there. Everything else is rather standard (and unfortunately sub-standard) office fare.

Cons

Although HCL America is located in Seattle Washington, it was founded in Hyderabad, India. Why mention this? Because HCL refuses to do any form of management on the U.S. side. All company decisions, policies, promotions, reviews, payments, etc. all come from India.

For example, contractors often get upset or angry because there are specific hardware and software needs vital to doing testing work through HCL but they are often not implemented because the requests are constantly turned down due to the Hyderabad office not being able to see or understand why those requirements are necessary, and so consistently refuse to purchase these system requirements, resulting in clients going elsewhere.

They also limited any and all internet activity, making it impossible to do any research or online supply ordering unless we took a laptop across the street to the Microsoft campus and used their wireless. If you're going to restrict your employees from anything other than the business' personal website and internal employee portal, why bother paying for an internet service at all?

Another major reason why I left was payroll. I would often receive payments late, or sometimes not at all. I often received less on my checks than I should have, which were never compensated, again because of the difficulty of communicating these issues between the U.S. and Indian headquarters in a timely manner. I learned that this was rather common among my coworkers.

In short, the business treats its employees and even its clients like cattle rather than human beings, and if the trend continues I do not see HCL lasting in the high-paced world of IT.

Advice to Management

If you're going to open a U.S. branch of an Indian company, then don't continue performing all IT, payroll and managerial decisions from India. You need to trust your people oversees to get the job done, otherwise you end up with a lot of mistakes, delays and angry workers.