HCL Technologies - HCL | Glassdoor

"HCL"

Current Employee - Analyst in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Analyst in Austin, TX

Pros

The Benifits are great.The Salary seems to be competitive with the industry. Most of the people are friendly. It is a great experience being able to work with some of our customers. Many are on the cutting edge of technology and on a personal level most people are very appreciative of the work that we are doing for them. The Benefits provider that we have is very good. Getting a person added to your insurance is not a problem. The co-pay for the doctors visit is very low. The 401k plan is very fair. After a year you are eligble and the match rate is above average.

Cons

The company always seems to be in a state of chaos. Most of the HR processes seem to be broken. There seems to be little room for advancement if join the company in the US and are not able to relocate to India. Promotions seem to be based on a good old boy system. The Indian culture at HCL often times will clash with American values. This sometimes leads to problems with our customers being satisfied with the service that they are recieving. We don't really hear much from senior management unless there is a problem. Reviews seem to be a random process.

Advice to Management

Start thinking of HCL more in terms of an American company that utilizes offshore resources instead of an Indian company which uses a few overseas resources.

Other Employee Reviews for HCL Technologies

1. "Axon is not the place to be"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Jersey City, NJ

Pros

Can't think of a thing honestly. I regret joining Axon every day that I have worked for them. I have tried to communicate my issues with management but it doesn't seem to go anywhere. It is unfortunate that I have had such a bad experience because they sold the organisation as being an investment in a 'career' however they have total disregard for an individual's career objectives and only care about making money off them even if it means putting them in a role that is many levels below what they are qualified to be doing.

Cons

No recognition for work done, no communication, no room for growth, take people on at a lower level, do not support career objectives or goals

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees when they are trying to communicate their issues. Take the issues seriously and take measures to change things being raised so that people don't feel their only option to be heard is to resign.

2. "Software engineer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

I worked at HCL Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work life balance . Decent salary . Job security

Cons

the compensation could have been a little better