HCR ManorCare - Terrific place to work! I enjoy working here very much! | Glassdoor
  1. "Terrific place to work! I enjoy working here very much!"

Current Employee - Activity Director in York, PA

I have been working at HCR ManorCare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have had the pleasure of working with 3 really good administrators. That really makes a difference in the morale of the facility , staff and residents. Tons of long term employees at both facilities I have worked and do work at. That says something about the company. The positive part of my job is the everyday interaction with the residents and their families and hopefully making a difference in their lives.

Cons

Occasionally there are staffing issues in the facilities but it only lasts for a short time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. The administrators I have worked with have been terrific, as far as the regional people, I think you need to spend some time in facilities and have some empathy for the employees. How would you feel with a change you decide to make company wide? It may not affect you as a regional manager but it may affect the people that work with residents on a day to day basis and we want to be a company... who cares about those residents and their opinions of the staff that work with them everyday.

HCR ManorCare2019-05-08
  1. "Loved it"

Former Intern - Intern

I worked at HCR ManorCare for less than a year

Pros

Everything was great about being an intern

Cons

Nothing was bad about it

HCR ManorCare2019-07-16
  2. "Upper management makes working for this company difficult"

Former Contractor - PT Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at HCR ManorCare

Pros

Coworkers are amazing for the most part DOR listens

Cons

Nursing staff is hit or miss Upper management not at all understanding of conditions/billing requirements that reflect productivity

HCR ManorCare2019-12-11

Discover more reviews about HCR ManorCare.