HCR ManorCare - If you love working in a nursing home, you will dislike Manorcare... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for HCR ManorCare

"If you love working in a nursing home, you will dislike Manorcare..."

Current Employee - Activities Assistant
Current Employee - Activities Assistant

I have been working at HCR ManorCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The patients are awesome and the families, for the most part are also wonderful. They also gave me a chance with no paid previous experience.

Cons

Where do I begin, you have to wear their specific color combination, even though they don't pay you enough to afford more than one or two pairs of the pants they require. They allow supervisors to fraternize with the administration staff, so if you have to go to HR for anything, your supervisor finds out. I.E. If you need a copy of the attendance policy, your supervisor finds out. Also, the nursing staff is very cliquey and racist, at least at my manorcare, but management will deny it. Also, the Supervisory positions other than the DCDs think they are better than God almighty himself.

Advice to Management

You should really do personality testing on your supervisors and consider paying the support staff a good bit more.

Other Employee Reviews for HCR ManorCare

"Review"

Pros

Some really great people on the therapy staff

Cons

patient census, poor regional management, terrible nursing

"Waste of Time!"

Former Employee - Corporate Office in Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - Corporate Office in Toledo, OH

I worked at HCR ManorCare full-time

Pros

Wonderful people that I was able to connect with personally

Cons

Where shall I begin...RUN!!!! Overworked, Unpaid, .............

Advice to Management

TO THE IVORY TOWER: Take the bonuses that are paid to Upper Mgmt and distribute to those that are trying to keep this sinking ship afloat. You talk big talk about putting in all these new and innovative processes but you fail to retain the PEOPLE and skills that can help move towards these changes...Respect staff that has been with you for many years, they are loyal... why aren't you? I know I'm wasting my time in giving this advice...you won't listen until you get sued...Can you really afford another lawsuit? I have seen discrimination on all levels, age, sex, race, orientation... I'm surprised you haven't been sued for discrimination by now. Clear out the useless levels of management and savage the good people you have left , before it's too late. Update your pay scales to match the skills required...you want something for nothing, that will bite you in the @#$ one day...Mr. Ormond, your ship is sinking into the Maumee River!